Disney High School Musical
Fox Valley Theatre Company is looking forward to presenting the fun and ever-popular Disney High School Musical this fall!
Who may audition: Anyone in 9th grade through 20 years old
Important note: Parents should register their children as being the school grade they will be in THIS FALL.
When: Monday and Tuesday, June 25 and 26, 2018
Check in between 6-8:30 pm. Come either night to audition, whichever is most convenient for your family.
Where: Elgin Community College Arts Center, Building H, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, Illinois
Free parking next to and across the street from the building. Enter through the main doors (the building is round and has a large, red triangle jutting out from the front) and check in.
What to bring: 1) Sheet music for the accompanist and 2) A printed copy of the registration receipt. Print it out at the completion of your registration, from your email receipt, or return to this page and login below, select the student and show and the student receipt printout will appear. Expect to wait an extra 20-30 minutes in line if you don’t register before you come and/or don’t bring your printed registration receipt.
Audition Expectations – Disney High School Musical
Please review the information on the Auditions page to understand our expectations and be prepared.
Rehearsals and time commitment
Rehearsals begin on Monday, July 9th and continue Monday through Thursday evenings basically 6:00-9:30 pm through tech week. No rehearsal on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4th. Rehearsals during tech week may run until 10:00 pm.
Mandatory attendance dates and times below, so double-check your schedule before signing up:
- Tech week evenings: Thursday, August 30, Tuesday-Thursday September 4-6, 2018
- Six weekend performances: Fridays & Saturdays September 7, 8, 14, & 15 at 7:30 pm; Sundays, September 9 & 16 at 2:00 pm
Committee work. ALL parents/guardians are required to assist with 20-30 hours of committee work during the course of a show. Committee selection occurs during the registration process. After the show is cast we will work with committee members to learn and carry out their duties. We do our best to place volunteers where they request but reserve the right to reassign to where they are needed most.
Cost of participation
Fees: $252 (includes CTE participation fees, a show t-shirt, and $138 tuition to ECC as part of the CTE/FVTC contractual agreement)
Cast members will be required to wear jazz shoes during rehearsals. As it gets closer to show time, cast members may also need a basket to hold their costume items and props and their own make-up and hair supplies. Information about other costume needs will be provided after rehearsals have begun.
If a student is cast but drops out, CTE/FVTC staff must be notified by noon of the Monday following the first scheduled rehearsal to receive a refund.
Specific shoes (usually jazz, character, or tap shoes) and possibly some costume pieces and personal makeup and hair supplies will also be required.
A limited number of fees scholarships are available based on financial need. All scholarship applications are due by the end of auditions.
Codes of Conduct and Terms
During the registration process, parents/guardians and cast members are expected to read and signify their commitment to comply with the CTE Codes of Conduct. Violation of the codes may lead to cast member’s immediate removal from the show and/or jeopardize further participation.
Cast list and mandatory meeting
The cast list will be posted here on our website as soon as it is finalized.
The mandatory parent meeting is on Monday, July 9, 2018 at 6:30 pm.
Participation fees are due IN FULL at this meeting along with additional required paperwork. Make checks payable to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin.” Attendees will be able to meet the production staff and ask questions and receive a packet of important information related to the show.
Questions about auditions or the show? Contact Jessica at 847-431-6377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to register? Go for it!
ALL registrations must be completed by parents/guardians or adult auditioners ages 18 and older.
New to CTE? Set up an account today! (below)
Returning to CTE? Please edit your account to add some information required by our grantors, THEN register to audition.
This step is also important in updating your contact information so we can keep cast families informed about schedules, etc.
Setting up a family account with CTE
- Click on instructions button below for details on how to set up an account. Questions or problems? Email CTEelgin@hotmail.com or call 847-214-7152.
- Create your account. Save your username and password for future use.
- Add students. Select “Add existing student” if they’ve EVER been in a CTE show or workshop; select “Add a new student” if they’ve NEVER participated before.
Register for the audition
- Select a student from your family account and complete the registration process.
- Print out the registration receipt at the end OR print your email registration receipt and bring it to the audition. We need the paper copy at the audition.
- To retrieve your registration receipt, click on the “Log in and register now” button, select student and show again, and the receipt will pop back up for you to print.
- Expect to wait an extra 20-30 minutes in line if you don’t register before you come and/or don’t bring your printed registration receipt to the audition.
Best wishes on a great audition!
CTE eNews updates
Subscribe to our CTE eNews so we can notifty you when registration opens up for each show!