Children’s Theatre of Elgin offers interactive workshops that teach theater skills, explore imagination, and help increase confidence on stage and off, not to mention the fun and friendships with other kids who love theater!
Most classes are for Grades 2-9, but may include older students and take place at the Elgin Community College Arts Center, Building H, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL. Participation may improve the chances of being cast, but is not an audition requirement.
Online payment option includes a handling fee and sibling discounts by check or cash only. Make checks out to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin” and send to 1700 Spartan Drive H104, Elgin, IL 60123. To drop off, call Susan at 847-214-7152.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing that’s easy to move around in and gym shoes or jazz shoes. We provide the rest!
WHO: Anyone in 9th grade through 20 years old
WHERE: Elgin Community College Arts Center, Room H 122
WHEN: Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 10 am – 1 pm
WHAT TO EXPECT: You will be working with two guest artists within the industry and familiar FVTC faces on monologues, songs, and dance. Come ready as if it a real audition. This includes clothing, headshot/resume, music (in the right key and with proper cuts), and a “ready to learn” mindset!
Online payment available with an additional $2 fee.
FVTC Audition Workshop
Looking to nail that next audition? Got those college auditions quickly approaching? Trying to knock the socks off the artistic staff? Come to Fox Valley Theatre Company’s Audition Workshop November 3rd at ECC to get some insider tips.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please dress as though you are going to an audition and, if necessary, bring a change of clothes for the dance call.
- All attendees will need to bring character/jazz shoes.
- A headshot/resume. If you don’t have a professional headshot and resume, that’s okay! Do bring a picture of yourself and a list of shows you have been in. We will be covering headshots and resumes during the workshop.
- A 16-32 bar cut of an up-tempo or ballad musical theatre piece and a contrasting contemporary monologue.
- A water bottle to keep with you and a pencil/pen to take notes and fill out forms.
10:00am – 11:30am — Mock audition
11:30am – 12:00pm — Q & A session with guest artists and teachers
12:00pm – 1:00pm — Work on materials presented during auditions
Grade 9 – 20 years old
Workshop cancellation and refund policy:
If CTE cancels a workshop, parents will be notified by email along with a rescheduled date and time. If student is unable to attend, CTE will provide a full refund of fees, minus credit card fees.
If parents cancel a student’s workshop registration due to illness or other emergency, parent must contact Susan at 847-214-7152 or CTEelgin@hotmail.com within five (5) days of the class to receive a 75% refund, minus credit card fees if any.