children's theatre of elgin / fox valley theatre company

Upcoming Auditions

Schoolhouse Rock Live Jr. Auditions!

We are excited to announce our Spring 2021 CTE production – Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr. Schoolhouse Rock Live! is one of musical theatre’s brightest and most innovative shows. Based on the Emmy Award-winning 1970s educational animated TV series, Schoolhouse uses the familiar songs from the cartoons to teach grammar, math, science, history, social studies and political science while telling the story of Tom, a young teacher nervously anticipating his first day on the job. From the opening notes of “A Noun Is a Person, Place or Thing,” through the rousing closer, “Interjections!” Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr. delivers hit after hit to the delight of audiences and performers of all ages.

Auditions must be sent via video by January 24th. Performers will record themselves singing, reciting a monologue (provided upon registration), and dancing a specific dance routine (provided upon registration). Call backs will be in-person. Register online by clicking below to receive additional information regarding video submission. You must be registered to audition before submitting your video. Specific instructions, including monologues to choose from and a dance to learn, are provided in an email once you register.

Our cast will be limited in numbers to allow for social distancing.

Important Dates:

  • February 1, 2021 – Parent meeting and first rehearsal (held via Zoom)
  • February 1 – April 8, 2021 – Hybrid rehearsals in-person and via Zoom (some Saturday rehearsals will be required)
  • April 12-18, 2021 – Tech Week and Show Recording
  • May 7-8, 2021 – Virtual Streamed Performance Dates

 

Children’s Theatre of Elgin/Fox Valley Theatre Company is prioritizing the safety of its cast members, the show staff, and their families above all else. All in-person activity will follow strict social distancing guidelines and a safety plan. CTE/FVTC will abide by any and all government mandates as to social distancing and limitations on number of people in one space at a time. The complete safety plan is available here.

 

Director: Allison Cherry
Producer: Jess Yeska
Choreographer: Mary Grace Martens
Music Director: Jocelyn Vanderwiel
Production Coordinator: Rachel Kline

Audition & Participation Expectations

Please review the information on the Auditions page to understand our expectations and be prepared. 

Cost of participation

Payment is due on the day of the first rehearsal. Parents may either pay in full or enroll in a payment plan by the first rehearsal date. After five calendar days, a $25 late fee will be added to the student’s registration. After calendar ten days, parents can no longer register for the show.

Cost for Schoolhouse Rock Live! Jr: $130.

Cancellation and refund schedule:
100% refund given if cancellation is communicated 1-6 calendar days after the first rehearsal date. If enrolled in a payment plan, CTE refunds the 25% deposit paid at registration
75% refund given if cancellation is communicated within 7-13 calendar days of the first rehearsal date. If enrolled in a payment plan, CTE keeps the 25% already charged, but does not charge the remaining 75%
50% refund given if cancellation is communicated within 14-20 calendar days of the first rehearsal date. If enrolled in a payment plan, CTE agrees to not charge anything further, but keeps the two 25% installment payments already made.
No refund will be given if cancellation is communicated 21 calendar days or more after the first rehearsal date. If enrolled in a payment plan, parent agrees that the card on file will be charged the full amount at the time of cancellation.

Additional expenses: Cast members will be required to wear jazz shoes during rehearsals. As it gets closer to show time, cast members may also need a basket to hold their costume items and props and their own make-up and hair supplies. Information about other costume needs will be provided after rehearsals have begun.

CTE eNews updates

Subscribe to our CTE eNews so we can notifty you when registration opens up for each show!