Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
Weekday school matinees:
- Thu. and Fri., November 16 & 17 at 9:45 am
- Fri. & Sat. November 17 & 18 at 7:30 pm
- Sun, November 19 at 2:00 pm
Elf Jr. The Musical
Children’s Theatre of Elgin is excited to present the just-released Elf Jr. The Musical! Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
Who may audition: Anyone in 2nd-9th grade may audition for the show
When: Monday & Wednesday, August 28 & 30 from 6:30-9:00 pm (check-in begins at 6:00 pm and ends at 8:30 pm). Come either night, whichever is best for your family.
Where: Epworth United Methodist Church at 37W040 West Highland Avenue, Elgin, IL 60124 (northwest corner of Highland Avenue and Randall Road). Parking entrance is at the west end of the property and parking on the north. Enter through the north doors to check in and auditions will be in the Community Room.
What to bring: 1) Sheet music for the accompanist and 2) A printed copy of the registration receipt. Print it out at the completion of your registration, from your email receipt, or return to this page and login below, select the student and show and the student receipt printout will appear. Expect to wait an extra 20-30 minutes in line if you don’t register before you come and/or don’t bring your printed registration receipt. Sorry, we need a paper copy; your phone version won’t do.
Audition Expectations: Elf Jr. The Musical
Please review the information on the Auditions page to understand our expectations and be prepared.
Rehearsals and time commitment
Rehearsals begin on Monday, September 18, 2017 and continue Monday through Thursday evenings basically 6:00-9:30 pm through tech week.
Rehearsals during tech week may run until 10:00 pm. Rehearsals will take place at Epworth Church for the first couple of weeks and then move over to The Hemmens Cultural Center through the end of the show.
Mandatory attendance dates and times below, so double-check your schedule before signing up:
- Tech week evenings: November 13, 14 & 15, 2017
- Two weekday matinees: Thursday and Friday, November 16 & 17 at 9:45 am (Students will miss school until at least noon on these days)
- Three weekend performances: Friday & Saturday November 17 & 18 at 7:30 pm; Sunday, November 19 at 2:00 pm
Committee work. ALL parents/guardians are required to assist with 20-30 hours of committee work during the course of a show. Committee selection occurs during the registration process. After the show is cast we will work with committee members to learn and carry out their duties. We do our best to place volunteers where they request, but reserve the right to reassign to where they are needed most.
Cost of participation
Fees: $115 (includes CTE participation fees and a show t-shirt)
Optional fees: $20 concessions buyout for those who do not wish to provide treats/beverages
Cast members will be required to wear jazz shoes during rehearsals. As it gets closer to show time, cast members may also need a basket to hold their costume items and props and their own make-up and hair supplies. Information about other costume needs for each group will be provided after rehearsals have begun.
If student is cast but drops out, CTE/FVTC staff must be notified by noon of the Monday following the first scheduled rehearsal to receive a refund.
A limited number of fees scholarships are available based on financial need. All scholarship applications are due by the end of auditions.
Codes of Conduct and Terms
During the registration process, parents/guardians and cast members are expected to read and signify their commitment to comply with the CTE Codes of Conduct. Violation of the codes may lead to cast member’s immediate removal from the show and/or jeopardize further participation.
Cast list and mandatory meeting
The cast list will be posted here on our website as soon as it is finalized.
The mandatory parent meeting is on Monday, September 18, 2017 at 6:30 pm.
Participation fees are due IN FULL at this meeting along with additional required paperwork. Make checks payable to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin.” Attendees will be able to meet the production staff and ask questions and receive a packet of important information related to the show.
Questions about auditions or the show? Contact Anna at 954-579-3022 or email@example.com.
Ready to register? Go for it!
Set up a CTE account before you can register. ALL registrations must be completed by parents/guardians or adult auditioners.
Set up a family account with CTE
- Click on instructions button below for details on how to set up an account. Questions or problems? Email CTEelgin@hotmail.com or call 847-214-7152.
- Create your account. Save your username and password for future use.
- Add students. Select “Add existing student” if they’ve EVER been in a CTE show or workshop; select “Add a new student” if they’ve NEVER been participated before.
- Select the “Edit Student Information” button and make sure it’s accurate or cast family will NOT receive up-to-date rehearsal and show information.
Register for the audition
- Select a student from your family account and complete the registration process.
- Print out the registration receipt at the end OR print your email registration receipt and bring it to the audition. We need the paper copy at the audition.
- To retrieve your registration receipt, click on the “Log in and register now” button, select student and show again, and the receipt will pop back up for you to print.
- Expect to wait an extra 20-30 minutes in line if you don’t register before you come and/or don’t bring your printed registration receipt to the audition.
Best wishes on a great audition!
Reminder: The 8-digit CTE ID is not a username and is not a password.
Click on the button below and choose “Create Account” to select your own username and password. Write down your username and password for future use. The CTE ID will be needed when you add existing students to your family account. DO NOT select “Add a New Student” if you have student has EVER been registered for a CTE show or workshop.
Don’t forget to print out your registration receipt at the end of the process OR your email receipt and bring it to the audition.
CTE eNews updates
Subscribe to our CTE eNews so we can notifty you when registration opens up for each show!