Big, Bad Wolf?
The parent meeting and 1st rehearsal were moved to Thursday, January 31st at 6 pm at Epworth Church.
Children’s Theatre of Elgin is very excited to be performing Big, Bad Wolf? a totally tubular original musical.
Thanks to everyone who auditioned for the show and congratulations to our newest cast! Click on the button below to see the cast list.
Be sure to review the cast family expectations information below before the meeting.
Audition & Participation Expectations
Please review the information on the Auditions page to understand our expectations and be prepared.
Rehearsals and time commitment
Rehearsals begin on Thursday, January 31st (rescheduled due to the weather) and continue Monday through Thursday evenings basically 6:30-9 pm through tech week.
Most cast members will only be scheduled a couple of nights a week for the first few weeks, but once full acts are being rehearsed, all cast members should plan on attending. Up to 3 excused regular rehearsal absences are allowed (none during tech week or performances). Rehearsals during tech week may run until 9:30 pm.
Mandatory attendance dates and times below, so double-check your schedule before signing up:
Tech week evenings:
- Sunday (TBD!!) through Wednesday, April 7, 8, 9 & 10, 2019.
Weekday matinees: (Cast members will miss school until at least noon on these days)
- Thursday, April 11 at 9:45 am and 12:15 pm
- Friday, April 12 at 9:45 am
- Friday, April 12 at 7:30 pm
- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 pm
- Sunday, April 14 at 2:00 pm
Committee work. ALL parents/guardians are required to assist with 20-30 hours of committee work during the course of a show. Committee selection occurs during the registration process. After the show is cast we will work with committee members to learn and carry out their duties. We do our best to place volunteers where they request but reserve the right to reassign to where they are needed most.
Cost of participation
Fees: $125 (includes CTE participation fees and a show t-shirt)
Cast members will be required to wear jazz shoes during rehearsals. As it gets closer to show time, cast members may also need a basket to hold their costume items and props and their own make-up and hair supplies. Information about other costume needs will be provided after rehearsals have begun.
If a student is cast but drops out, CTE/FVTC staff must be notified by noon of the Monday following the first scheduled rehearsal to receive a refund.
Specific shoes (usually jazz, character, or tap shoes) and possibly some costume pieces and personal makeup and hair supplies will also be required.
A limited number of fees scholarships are available based on financial need. All scholarship applications are due by the end of auditions.
Codes of Conduct and Terms
During the registration process, parents/guardians and cast members are expected to read and signify their commitment to comply with the CTE Codes of Conduct. Violation of the codes may lead to cast member’s immediate removal from the show and/or jeopardize further participation.
Cast list and mandatory meeting
The mandatory parent meeting is on Thursday, January 31st (rescheduled due to the weather) at 6 pm at Epworth United Methodist Church (same as audition location).
Participation fees are due IN FULL at this meeting along with additional required paperwork. Make checks payable to “Children’s Theatre of Elgin.” Attendees will be able to meet the production staff and ask questions and receive a packet of important information related to the show.
Questions about auditions or the show? Contact Lisa Brewer at 630-625-2296 or Jamie Smith at 951-202-8355.
Ready to register? Go for it!
ALL registrations must be completed by parents/guardians or adult auditioners ages 18 and older.
New to CTE? Set up an account today! (below)
Returning to CTE? Please edit your account to add some information required by our grantors, THEN register to audition.
This step is also important in updating your contact information so we can keep cast families informed about schedules, etc.
Setting up a family account with CTE
- Click on instructions button below for details on how to set up an account. Questions or problems? Email CTEelgin@hotmail.com or call 847-214-7152.
- Create your account. Save your username and password for future use.
- Add students. Select “Add existing student” if they’ve EVER been in a CTE show or workshop; select “Add a new student” if they’ve NEVER participated before.
Register for the audition
- Select a student from your family account and complete the registration process.
- Print out the registration receipt at the end OR print your email registration receipt and bring it to the audition. We need the paper copy at the audition.
- To retrieve your registration receipt, click on the “Log in and register now” button, select student and show again, and the receipt will pop back up for you to print.
- Expect to wait an extra 20-30 minutes in line if you don’t register before you come and/or don’t bring your printed registration receipt to the audition.
Best wishes on a great audition!
CTE eNews updates
Subscribe to our CTE eNews so we can notifty you when registration opens up for each show!